One of the best comfort foods around, Mac N' Cheese is a show stopping classic. Loads of gooey cheese make this dish easy to love. Serve it up as the main event or on the side with any BBQ feast. For this recipe we're keeping it simple and opting to use a ready made Alfredo sauce in replace of a traditional Béchamel sauce.
• 3 cups of pasta - we used elbow macaroni but any kind in the pantry will work.
• 5 - 6 cups of shredded cheese - we used a combo of sharp cheddar and mozzarella but whatever you have in your fridge will do.
• ½ cup cream cheese
• 2 tsp. ground black pepper
• ¼ cup white wine or water (drink the wine!)
• ¼ cup bread crumbs
• 1 Jar of Alfredo Sauce
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add your pasta. Cook for 2 minutes less than the recommended time because the pasta will cook further in the oven.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the Alfredo sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. Fun tip, pour some wine (or a bit of water) into the jar and shake it around to get all the sauce out.
3. Once the Alfredo sauce is heated through, add in the cream cheese and shredded cheese in 3-4 batches. Make sure cheese is melted before you add more. Reserve ½ cup of cheese for the top.
4. Once all the cheese is melted remove from the heat. You don’t want to overcook this mixture or else you’ll be left with a gritty sauce.
5. Drain your cooked pasta and place it directly into the sauce. Toss well to coat all the noodles.
6. Transfer your pasta mixture to a casserole dish and top with remaining shredded cheese and breadcrumbs.
7. Place your dish into a preheated oven set to 375℉ for 15 minutes, then turn on your boiler to high to brown the top. Keep an eye on it as it will brown quickly.
8. Remove from the oven once heated through and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!