1. Choose your favorite cut i.e Tenderloin, Striploin, Rib Steak
2. Preseason 8-12 hours ahead of time using a light olive oil & your favourite steak seasoning. I like to keep it classic with Montreal Steak spice. Drizzle the steak with oil & season each side of the steak, you'll want to use about 1/2 tsp per side depending on the size of your steak. Wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator till ready to grill.
3. Once you’re ready to grill make sure you have that grill nice and hot so you can sear the steak, somewhere around 600℉ is great.
4. Place your steak on the hottest section of the grill.
5. Once the steak is on the grill you should only need to touch it 4 times during the cooking process. Times will vary depending on the size of your steak & the temperature of your grill. For a 300g steak to be cooked to medium rare it will take about 8-10 minutes total. After approximately 2- 2 ½ minutes flip your steak over, in the same hot area for an additional 2- 2 ½ minutes.
6. Now, flip the steak over again but move to a cooler part of the grill and continue to cook for an additional 2- 2 ½ minutes again. Flip your steak one more time and cook for the final 2- 2 ½ minutes.
7. If you have a probe thermometer you can check the temperature of your steak. 130 ℉ -135 ℉ will give you the perfect med-rare piece of meat!
8. Remove the steak from the grill. I like to brush with garlic butter for extra flavour.
9. Now it's time to let your steak rest for a few minutes before plating it and cutting into it, this will provide a much juicier steak.
10. Have fun and top your steak off with grilled shrimp, or blue cheese to really take your steak experience to the next level!
• Your favourite cut of steak
• A good steak seasoning