DR PEPPER* AT MONTANA’S® 2019 ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS
CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
1. CONTEST PERIOD
The Dr Pepper* at Montana’s® 2019 Academy of Country Music Awards Contest commences January 14, 2019 at 12:00:01 am ET and ends March 10, 2019 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Contest Period”). This contest is brought to you by Montana’s BBQ & Grill and Canada Dry Mott’s Inc. (collectively, the “Contest Sponsors”).
The contest is open to legal residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia (each a “Territory”) who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry.
Notwithstanding the above, this contest is not open to employees, officers and directors of the Contest Sponsors, their respective divisions, subsidiaries and affiliates, bottlers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest suppliers, prize suppliers, employees, members of their immediate families (parents, siblings, spouses) and those with whom they are domiciled.
3. HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
To enter with purchase:
1) Download the Montana’s App. The App is only compatible with the Apple and Google Play systems;
2) Create an account and provide all the requested information;
3) Place a takeout order that includes a Dr Pepper beverage; and
4) Each order that includes a Dr Pepper during the Contest Period results in an automatic entry into the contest. Participant will have one entry per order, independently of the amount of Dr Pepper included.
To obtain an entry without purchase: Mail a piece of paper (in an envelope with sufficient Canadian postage) with your full name, phone number, email address and age to c/o Dr Pepper Contest, 1272 Vernon Drive, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6A 4C9. Limit one (1) no purchase request per day. To be eligible, a Request must: (i) be received separately in a single envelope bearing sufficient Canadian postage (i.e. multiple Requests in the same envelope will be void); and (ii) be post-marked during the Contest Period and received by no later than March 10, 2018. The Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for, and accept no liability whatsoever in relation to, any late, lost, misdirected, delayed or incomplete Requests (all of which are void).
Entrants may use only one (1) account to enter. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsors (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsors) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, identities, multiple accounts, or, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest in any way (as determined by Contest Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors. Any entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors) the entry form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received during the Contest Period.
Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of an entry or of an attempted entry of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsors – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an entry (or a purported entry) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsors deem necessary, in their sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this contest in accordance with these Contest rules.
If using a wireless mobile device to enter, standard data rates may apply. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime for each entry received. Any such fees are the responsibility of the entrant/mobile account holder. Please call your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
By entering this contest, participants agree to be bound by these contest rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsors and contest judges (without right of appeal).
There is one (1) prize package (the “Prize”) available to be won consisting of one (1) four (4) day/three (3) night trip for two (2) to the 2019 Academy of Country Music Awards held at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Prize includes:
- Roundtrip economy class airfare for two (2) departing from the major Canadian airport nearest the winner’s home to Las Vegas, Nevada in which the Contest Sponsors’ selected air carrier flies;
- Three (3) nights hotel accommodation (double occupancy) (accommodation subject to change at the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion);
- Two (2) tickets to the Dr Pepper Exclusive Concert (date TBD);
- Two (2) tickets to the 2019 Academy of Country Music Awards show on April 7, 2019 (subject to confirmation); and
- Two (2) tickets to the post-show All-Star Jam hosted by the Academy of Country Music Awards on April 7, 2019 (subject to confirmation);
- Five hundred dollars ($500.00 CDN) spending money payable to the Prize winner in the form of a cheque.
Approximate retail value of the Prize is $5,500.00 CDN.
In order to accompany the Prize winner, the Prize winner’s guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
Prize is tentatively scheduled for April 5 – 8, 2019, subject to confirmation or change. Travel dates will be determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
Odds of being selected as the potential Prize winner depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, exchanged or refunded. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize or portion thereof with one of at least equal value, in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised Prize or any portion thereof (including without limitation at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors, a cash award). For greater certainty, there is no value ascribed to attendance at the Academy of Country Music Awards show.
Shipped prizes shall not be insured and the Contest Sponsors shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
5. METHOD OF AWARDING THE PRIZE
On or about March 12, 2019 at approximately 2:00 pm ET in Vancouver, British Columbia, a random draw from all eligible entries submitted and received during the Contest Period will be made and one (1) potential winner will be randomly selected.
Selected entrant will be contacted by telephone and/or email on or before March 13, 2018 with further information on how to be confirmed as a winner and claim their Prize. If the selected entrant cannot be reached, for whatever reason, by this date, another entrant may be randomly selected (from eligible entries received) at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
Before being declared a winner of a Prize, the selected entrant must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged mutually convenient time and complete, sign and return a Declaration and Release Form (and any other documents, as applicable) by the date indicated on the form (the “Prize Claim Date”).
Prize must be claimed by the Prize Claim Date. If the selected entrant cannot be reached/located by the date set out above, is not in compliance with these contest rules, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the Prize, cannot travel on the dates designated by the Contest Sponsors, fails to return the Declaration and Release form (and any other documents, as applicable) by the Prize Claim Date or if email correspondence between the Contest Sponsors and a selected entrant is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address or is not responded to, the Prize may be forfeited by that selected entrant and the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to randomly select another entrant from the remaining eligible entries to award the Prize.
Prize will be awarded, subject to these contest rules, upon receipt of the properly completed and executed Declaration and Release form and verification of the Prize winner.
Bookings are subject to availability, changes in itinerary and other restrictions. Blackout dates may apply. At the time of booking, winner must provide valid travel documents for both the prize winner and his/her travelling companion. Bookings are also subject to all rules and regulations of the applicable airline or other carrier. Trip must be booked through Contest Sponsors’ promotional agency. Trips cannot be modified by winner. All bookings are subject to existing availability and are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors. Actual retail value of Prize may vary depending on winner’s point of departure and airfare fluctuations. The Contest Sponsors shall have no responsibility for trip cancellations, alterations, weather delays, weather cancellations or other changes to the trip itinerary and by accepting the Prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts such risks. The Prize winner and guest will be responsible for all costs related to the Prize that are not specified as being included in the Prize, including, but not limited to, side trips, departure tax, transportation tax, PST, GST; all other such taxes, ground transportation, travel and health insurance, personal expenses, medical expenses, meals, beverages, gratuities, gift shop purchases, phone calls and all other expenses and travel requirements not specifically described above as being included in the Prize. The Prize winner may be required by the airline or hotel to provide an accepted and valid credit card to cover incidental charges (including but not limited to: telephone charges, special purchases, etc.). The Prize winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and must each have valid travel documents, identification and visa (if required). Necessary travel documents are solely the responsibility of the winner and his/her travelling companion. In order to be entitled to accompany the winner on the trip, the winner’s guest must sign and return the Contest Sponsors’ Declaration and Release Form (and any other documents reasonably required by the Contest Sponsors) by the date indicated on the form. Contest Sponsors are not responsible in the event winner and/or travel companion are refused entry into destination country or re-entry into their Province of residence for whatever reason. The Contest Sponsors do not assume responsibility should any portion of the Prize be cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled for any reason beyond their control. If for any reason an event included as part of the Prize does not occur, that portion of the Prize will be forfeited without additional compensation and the remainder of the Prize will be awarded.
7. The approximate retail value of the Prize as stated by the Contest Sponsors in point of sale advertising, and other advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest rules is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, the passage of time between the date the approximate retail value is stated by the Contest Sponsors and the date the Prize is awarded or redeemed. If, at the time a Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for a Prize is less than the approximate retail value stated by the Contest Sponsors in point of sale, television and print advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest rules, the prize winner(s) will not be entitled to a cheque or cash for the price difference.
8. The decisions of the Contest Sponsors and/or the judges are final and binding, without right of appeal, with respect to all aspects of this contest (including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of entries) and entrant agrees to abide by the contest rules and all of the instructions and decisions of the Contest Sponsors and/or judges. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these contest rules, the decision or interpretation of the Contest Sponsors and/or judges shall prevail.
9. Unless otherwise deemed appropriate by the Contest Sponsors for the administration of the contest based on the circumstances, no communications will be entered into except with selected entrants.
10. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsors. Any entry that is late, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. Contest Sponsors are not responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected claims or entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any internet or telephone network or broadcast transmission. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for any errors or omissions with respect to the printing or advertising of this contest and reserve the right to withdraw, amend or cancel this contest in the event of a printing or administrative error.
11. In the event, due to a printing, manufacturing, mechanical or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to these Official Rules, prizes will stop being awarded when the Contest Sponsors become aware of an error respecting the number of prizes and the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible and approved prize claimants whose claims have not yet been redeemed to award the advertised prize. In no event will the Contest Sponsors or Contest Entities be liable for more than the stated number of prizes contained in these official contest rules.
12. The Contest Sponsors accept no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by the awarded prizes or the contest itself. By entering, entrant releases and holds harmless Contest Sponsors, the prize suppliers, their affiliated and related companies and advertising, promotional agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest or any prize won.
13. Without limiting the release of liability provisions herein, and for greater certainty, the Contest Entities will not be liable for: a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by contest website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the contest; b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation of the contest website or any transmission in connection with the contest; c) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; d) any problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines, or failure of mobile device or mobile web browser, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or text messaging system or combination thereof; or e) any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this contest. If the contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause of any nature whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this contest, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the contest, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way.
14. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Selected entrant(s) may be required to provide the Contest Sponsors with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.
15. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right at their sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual from the contest, and to ban that individual from any future promotion of the Contest Sponsors, if the Contest Sponsors find or believe such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest; to be acting in violation of the contest rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Contest Sponsors, the Contest Sponsors’ agencies, other entrants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16. By entering this contest, you consent to the Contest Sponsors’ use, should you become a winner, of your name, place of residence and photograph or other likeness, without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with this contest or future similar contests.
18. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
19. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these contest rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
20. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other contest mechanics stipulated in these Contest rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Contest rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the contest as contemplated in these Contest rules, or for any other reason.
21. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
*Trademark used under license by Canada Dry Mott’s Inc.
® Registered Trademark of Cara Operations Limited.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.