When it comes to nachos there are no right or wrong toppings. Load 'em up or just layer them with melty cheese. In this recipe Chef Jen takes things to the next level by swapping out regular tortilla chips for Doritos. Try them out yourself and have the ultimate snack!
• Doritos - Cool Ranch or Nacho Cheese
• LOTS of shredded cheese, you pick the kind! We used Cheddar, Mozzarella & Monterey Jack.
• Diced tomatoes
• Fresh peppers, we used red but any colour works.
• Green Olives.
• Sour Cream
1. Preheat your oven to 350℉ (74℃) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place your Doritos or regular tortilla chips in a thin layer on the baking sheet.
3. Top chips with shredded cheese, remembering to cover all the chips. Good rule of thumb here is to use more cheese than the weight of your chips. You can never have enough cheese, right?
4. Top with diced red peppers or other toppings that you'd like to cook as these will be going in the oven.
5. Place the baking sheet in the oven for approx. 5 minutes or until all the cheese is melted. If you're using Doritos keep a closer eye on them as they tend to brown faster than regular tortilla chips.
6. Once your cheese is melted, remove the nachos from the oven and place them on a large serving board.
7. Now the fun part! Top your nachos with your favourite toppings. We used, green olives, diced tomatoes, diced jalapeños, sour cream, guacamole & salsa but you options are endless here.