MONTANA’S® FREE RIBS FOR A YEAR CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
1. CONTEST PERIOD
Montana’s® Free Ribs For A Year Contest commences July 17, 2018 at 12:00:01 am ET and ends August 13, 2018 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Contest Period”). This contest is brought to you by Montana’s BBQ & Bar (the “Contest Sponsor”).
The contest is open to legal residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia (each a “Territory”) who are the age of majority in their province.
Notwithstanding the above, this contest is not open to employees, officers and directors of the Contest Sponsors, their respective divisions, subsidiaries and affiliates, bottlers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest suppliers, prize suppliers, employees, members of their immediate families (parents, siblings, spouses) and those with whom they are domiciled.
3. HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
To enter with purchase: 1) Download the Montana’s App or order through Montanas.ca. The App is only compatible with the Apple and Google Play systems; 2) Create an account and provide all the requested information; 3) Place a takeout order; and 4) Each order during the Contest Period results in an automatic entry into the contest. Participant will have one entry per order, independent of the number of items ordered.
No Purchase Method: Send an email to email@example.com containing your full name, telephone number, SCENE card number and a unique and original essay of a minimum 100 words (the “Essay”) on why you should win the prize. There is a limit of one (1) no purchase entry per person per unique and original Essay, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
Entrants may use only one (1) account to enter. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsors (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsors) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, identities, multiple accounts, or, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this Contest in any way (as determined by Contest Sponsor in their sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsors) the entry form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received during the Contest Period.
Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of an entry or of an attempted entry of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. The Contest Sponsor reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsors – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an entry (or a purported entry) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deem necessary, in their sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this contest in accordance with these Contest rules. If using a wireless mobile device to enter, standard data rates may apply. Wireless service providers may charge for airtime for each entry received. Any such fees are the responsibility of the entrant/mobile account holder. Please call your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
By entering this contest, participants agree to be bound by these contest rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsors and contest judges (without right of appeal).
There is one (1) prize package (the “Prize”) available to be won consisting of one “All You Can Eat Ribs” Experience per week, for 52 weeks. The Prize will be paid out in a one-time payment by way of an Ultimate Dining Gift Card. Approximate retail value of the Prize is $1,770.00 CDN.
Odds of being selected as the potential Prize winner depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Shipped prizes shall not be insured and the Contest Sponsor shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
5. METHOD OF AWARDING THE PRIZE
On or about August 14, 2018, a random draw from all eligible entries submitted and received during the Contest Period will be made and one (1) potential winner will be randomly selected.
Selected entrant will be contacted by telephone and/or email on or before August 17, 2018 with further information on how to be confirmed as a winner and claim their Prize. If the selected entrant cannot be reached, for whatever reason, by this date, another entrant may be randomly selected (from eligible entries received) at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
Before being declared a winner of a Prize, the selected entrant must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged mutually convenient time and complete, sign and return a Declaration and Release Form (and any other documents, as applicable) by the date indicated on the form (the “Prize Claim Date”).
Prize must be claimed by the Prize Claim Date. If the selected entrant cannot be reached/located by the date set out above, is not in compliance with these contest rules, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the Prize, cannot travel on the dates designated by the Contest Sponsors, fails to return the Declaration and Release form (and any other documents, as applicable) by the Prize Claim Date or if email correspondence between the Contest Sponsors and a selected entrant is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address or is not responded to, the Prize may be forfeited by that selected entrant and the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to randomly select another entrant from the remaining eligible entries to award the Prize.
Prize will be awarded, subject to these contest rules, upon receipt of the properly completed and executed Declaration and Release form and verification of the Prize winner.
6. The approximate retail value of the Prize as stated by the Contest Sponsor in point of sale advertising, and other advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest rules is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, the passage of time between the date the approximate retail value is stated by the Contest Sponsors and the date the Prize is awarded or redeemed. If, at the time a Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for a Prize is less than the approximate retail value stated by the Contest Sponsors in point of sale, television and print advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest rules, the prize winner(s) will not be entitled to a cheque or cash for the price difference.
7. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or the judges are final and binding, without right of appeal, with respect to all aspects of this contest (including without limitation eligibility and/or disqualification of entries) and entrant agrees to abide by the contest rules and all of the instructions and decisions of the Contest Sponsors and/or judges. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these contest rules, the decision or interpretation of the Contest Sponsors and/or judges shall prevail.
8. Unless otherwise deemed appropriate by the Contest Sponsor for the administration of the contest based on the circumstances, no communications will be entered into except with selected entrants.
9. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry that is late, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. Contest Sponsor are not responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected claims or entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any internet or telephone network or broadcast transmission. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions with respect to the printing or advertising of this contest and reserve the right to withdraw, amend or cancel this contest in the event of a printing or administrative error.
10. The Contest Sponsor accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by the awarded prizes or the contest itself. By entering, entrant releases and holds harmless Contest Sponsor, the prize suppliers, their affiliated and related companies and advertising, promotional agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest or any prize won.
11. Without limiting the release of liability provisions herein, and for greater certainty, the Contest Entities will not be liable for: a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by contest website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the contest; b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation of the contest website or any transmission in connection with the contest; c) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; d) any problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines, or failure of mobile device or mobile web browser, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or text messaging system or combination thereof; or e) any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this contest. If the contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause of any nature whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this contest, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the contest, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way.
12. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Selected entrant(s) may be required to provide the Contest Sponsors with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.
13. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at their sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual from the contest, and to ban that individual from any future promotion of the Contest Sponsor, if the Contest Sponsor finds or believe such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest; to be acting in violation of the contest rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Contest Sponsor, the Contest Sponsor’s agencies, other entrants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
16. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these contest rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
17.The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other contest mechanics stipulated in these Contest rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Contest rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the contest as contemplated in these Contest rules, or for any other reason.
18.In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.