MONTANA’S SUPER BOWL GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
1. GENERAL. The Montana’s Super Bowl Giveaway (the “Contest”) is intended for legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec). By entering, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and will comply with the following rules (the “Official Rules”) in their entirety, which Official Rules are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. January 13, 2017 to January 16, 2017.
4. HOW TO ENTER, PLAY and WIN.
How to Enter & Play. The Contest will run from January 13,2017 at 12:01 a.m. EST to January 16, 2017 at 11:59.59 p.m. EST (the “Contest Period”). All receipts provided from the purchase of any item during the Contest Period will include a cheque number (a “Code”).To enter the Contest, go to www.montanas.ca/superbowlcontest, enter the Code and complete the Contest registration form by entering your full name, email address and confirming that you are 21 years of age or older by entering your birthday. Each Code entry automatically enters the guest (hereinafter referred to as the “Entrant”) into the Grand Prize Draw (as defined below).
No Purchase Necessary Option: To enter without purchase, provided that you are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry and eligible to enter the Contest as per rule 3 above, go to www.montanas.ca/superbowlcontest, and complete the registration form with your full name, telephone number, email address and a unique and original essay of minimum 300 characters about why you feel you should win a trip to Super Bowl LI. There is a limit of one (1) no purchase entry per unique and original essay, as determined by the Contest Administrator in its sole and absolute discretion. Furthermore, there is a limit of one (1) no purchase entry per Entrant, during the Contest Period.
How to Win – Grand Prize. There is one (1) Grand Prize (as defined below) available to be won through a draw from all eligible participants who enter via the Code or the no purchase option and who are otherwise eligible to enter the Contest as per rule 3 above (the “Grand Prize Draw”). Winner will be chosen through random draw within 24 hours following the end of the Contest Period. The selected Entrant will be contacted by phone and/or email. If the selected Entrant is unable to be contacted following three (3) attempts, he or she forfeits being an eligible Grand Prize winner and another Entrant may, at the sole discretion of the Contest Administrator, be selected. Selected Entrant must be 21 years of age or older, correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance and otherwise be in compliance with the rules in order to be declared a Grand Prize winner.
5. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
6. PRIZE DESCRIPTION.
Grand Prize. The “Grand Prize” is a trip for two (2) to Super Bowl LI in Houston, Texas. The Grand Prize includes: (i) a trip for two (2) people (one (1) contest winner and one (1) travel companion) to Houston, Texas to attend Super Bowl LI; (ii) return airfare from closest international airport to winner’s home, to Houston, Texas; (iii) airport transfers in Houston, Texas to/from airport and hotel; (iv) three (3) nights hotel accommodation (based on double occupancy at a hotel selected by the Contest Sponsor); (v) breakfast daily; (vi) daytime activity in Houston, Texas (sponsored by the Contest Sponsor); (vii) access pass to NFL Experience; (viii) two (2) dinners; (ix) ground transfers to organized events; (x) game day transfers; (xi) pre-game hospitality pass; (xii) two (2) Super Bowl LI upper end zone game tickets for the February 5, 2017 game; (xiii) travel agenda and welcome package; (xiv) on site trip director services; and (xv) taxes and gratuities on included services. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is CAD $18,000 based on Toronto departure. Dates of travel are February 3 to February 6, 2017 (subject to change by the Contest Sponsor). Agenda details and dates of travel are subject to change by suppliers and at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor. The Grand Prize is not transferrable, and not redeemable in whole or in part for cash. Contest winner and companion must be minimum 21 years of age, each be a legal resident of Canada (excluding the province of Quebec), and each hold a passport valid for travel to the United States. Contest winner and companion must be able to enter the United States and must be eligible to travel at any time on February 3 and February 6, 2017 or forfeit the Grand Prize. Alcohol is not part of the Grand Prize. Contest winner and companion must acknowledge that all other expenses not outlined herein are their own responsibility, including but not limited to additional transportation, communication (cell phone, data, wifi), valid travel documentation (including valid passport for travel to the United States), additional food and beverage, and personal charges.
Prizing – General. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for providing any replacement for any unavailable component of the Grand Prize. The Contest Sponsor makes no express or implied warranties or conditions of any kind with respect to safety, appearance or
performance of the Grand Prize or activity offered. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. No substitutions, except by the Contest Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize or any portion of the Grand Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Where applicable, the winner and his/her guest must have the identical travel itinerary and the winner’s guest must be the same person for the duration of the trip. All travel arrangements will be made by the Contest Sponsor and are subject to flight and space availability and blackout dates. Once the tickets are issued, the names of the travelers cannot be changed. The winner and guest are solely responsible for obtaining any required travel documents. The right to the Grand Prize will be forfeited if, as applicable, (a) for any reason, the winner or travel companion does not have appropriate travel documentation; or (b) the winner cannot or does not wish to travel during the specified period. Upon the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, a forfeited Grand Prize may be allocated to another eligible Entrant. In the event the Grand Prize (or any part of the Grand Prize or related event), is postponed, cancelled or otherwise unavailable for any reason, the balance of the Grand Prize may be awarded in full satisfaction of that prize and the Contest Sponsor is not responsible for providing any replacement for the postponed, cancelled or unavailable component. Any unused portion of the Grand Prize is forfeited and has no cash value.
7. COMPLETION OF PRIZE CLAIM. The Grand Prize winner and travel companion will be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules, a liability release releasing the Contest Parties from any liability occurring as a result of the prize being awarded and used and, where lawful, a publicity consent (collectively, a “Declaration”) before the Grand Prize is awarded. Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in disqualification and potential selection of an alternate eligible winner. The selected Entrant will not be confirmed as the winner unless the Entrant has complied with all of the Official Rules and correctly answered a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance. Any prize notification returned as undeliverable or any determination that the selected Entrant is ineligible, may result in disqualification and potential selection of an alternate eligible winner. The Contest Parties will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or prize awarded. By accepting the Grand Prize, the Entrant agrees to the use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Contest Parties in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
8. AWARDING OF PRIZES. The Contest Administrator is not responsible for and shall not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify winner(s). Use of the Grand Prize, or any portion thereof, for a Contest or re-sale is strictly prohibited. No substitution of the Grand Prize will be permitted, except by the Contest Sponsor who may substitute the Grand Prize or any portion of the Grand Prize with a prize of equal or greater value at their sole discretion. The Contest Sponsor’s obligation to the winner(s) is limited to the Grand Prize specified above.
9. RELEASE. By entering the Contest and/or accepting the Grand Prize, the Entrant, and/or winner and their guest agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, Contest Administrator, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, franchisees and agencies (the “Releasees”) from any liability whatsoever and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest or acceptance, possession, or use of the Grand Prize (including without limitation claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. The Contest Sponsor and its officers, directors, affiliates, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, representatives, agents, licensees, successors and assigns: (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty.
10. NFL. All Entrants agree to release the National Football League and its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., and each of their respective direct and indirect subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective shareholders, members, partners, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, and liabilities of any kind resulting or arising from participation in the Contest and/or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any Prize (including any travel or travel-related activity). THE NFL ENTITIES HAVE NOT OFFERED OR SPONSORED THE CONTEST IN ANYWAY.
11. ERRORS & DAMAGE. The Contest Parties not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Grand Prize. The Contest Parties reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Contest Parties are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, irregular, or misdirected Entries, email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions or human errors that may occur. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, or more prizes are awarded than planned, including due to a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, the Contest Sponsor may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the applicable contest. Entrants further agree to release the Contest Parties from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the Contest or the awarding or use of the Grand Prize. The Contest Administrator reserves the right to terminate or withdraw this Contest at any time.
The Contest Administrator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any Entrant with these Official Rules, or as a result of problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Official Rules, or for any other reason.
13. RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND. The Contest Administrator reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend this Contest (or, amend these Official Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Administrator that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or failure. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Parties reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Contest Administrator reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify from this Contest and any future contest, sweepstakes or other promotion conducted by the Contest Parties, any individual that it finds or believes to be tampering with the prize claim process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Contest Administrator reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend this Contest, or to amend these Official Rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Contest Administrator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
The Contest Administrator is collecting personal data about the eligible winner only for the purposes of administering this Contest. No further informational or marketing communications will be received by Entrants, unless the Entrant provides the Contest Administrator with explicit permission to do so.
15. GOVERNING LAW. This Contest and the Official Rules are governed by and to be construed under the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada.
16. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS. The Contest is subject to these complete Official Rules and all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read the Official Rules and agree to abide by their terms and by the decisions of the Contest Administrator, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. All federal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. The Contest Administrator reserves the right to terminate this Contest or amend these Official Rules at any time, at their sole discretion without notice to participants.
17. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest- related materials, including, but not limited to, point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Contest Administrator will not involve itself in, and the Releasees accept no obligation or liability in respect of, any dispute regarding the identity of the rightful selected
Entrant. In any such case, the Contest Administrator reserves the right to take whatever action it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.